Monday, August 4, 2014

Direction

I've always had an itch to write. When I was little I wrote cute, adorable, creative stories. The kind that come out of my keepsake box and I thank heavens for my wonderful parents and grandparents that made my believe I should win a Pulitzer prize for my work.  In my awkward teenage years, I attempted to write a book. To date myself, I only saved it to a disk. No, not a CD, a disk. This was an attempt to shield it from all other eyes, heaven forbid my Mom would read it and get to the part where the girl finally gets kissed by her crush. Goodness... I think the story fizzled after that scene. And as far as I know I'm the only one that ever read it.

Fast forward to 20 some years later and I still get that itch. A yearning for a creative outlet so to speak (...especially since I can't draw, which is why architecture turned out to be my minor not my major). Sometimes I think I have intelligent, thought provoking things to say and other times I'm just curious if anyone out there cares to listen. I don't mean this in a dramatic way, just curiosity if my words have weight, if they could carry an audience.

And that is why I am here. To get creative. To share. To see what happens with this.

And as excited as I am about the potential of this, part of me is shy and nervous and embarrassed. If I expose myself here, who am I comfortable sharing this with? Only strangers? Only close friends? I mean, I literally just thought about telling my husband about this and was hit with a pang of embarrassment. Perhaps self confidence should be a future topic.

But what do I even want to talk about? Should my posts be deep and reflective, like my first post? Which maybe wasn't very deep and reflective or perhaps a little heavy for THE FIRST POST. Should I talk about fitness? Food? Should I keep it light and be humorous? How much should I share?

You'll probably hear a lot about my dogs because they are awesome, adorable, and I just cannot help myself from talking about them. Maybe you'll hear about my back and forth Paleo and not so Paleo diet. Or my evolving opinions on exercise and fitness. And maybe once I tell Hubby about all this I'll talk about him and our marriage, or maybe you'll hear about it up until I tell Hubby about it. Maybe you would enjoy 'day in the life posts'. Not that my days are CRAZY exciting, but I always find them entertaining. Perhaps I'll talk about my new quest to be totally fashionable or my quest to make my home adorable and put together.

No sense in trying to predict the future, I'll just see where this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment